Liberti Church, Larke Lane is seeking to be a church that is Gospel-Centred, Marked by Grace and On Mission.
To be Gospel-centered means to focus on Jesus, who He is and what He has done, not on who we are and what we have done or will do for God. The Gospel is the good news about Jesus Christ (Mark 1:1) who came “to seek and save the lost" (Luke 19:12)
In relation to God’s Word, Liberti Church seeks to be a Gospel-centered church.
As a Gospel-Centered church we are committed to:
- Reading the whole Bible as the Gospel of Jesus Christ (Luke 24).
- Preaching and teaching the Gospel to all, both believers and unbelievers.
- Preaching and teaching the Gospel in every sermon and every lesson.
- Studying theology/doctrine to better understand the Gospel, not simply as an academic exercise.
- Viewing the world, the Church, and ourselves through the lens of the Gospel.
MARKED BY GRACE
To be marked by grace means to see the grace of God at work in every area of your life. Knowing that it is only by the grace of God (Ephesians 2:8) that we have a restored relationship with Him (1 John 4:10), we seek to show grace to each other and to all those we come into contact with.
In relation to God’s church, Liberti Church seeks to be a church marked by grace.
As a church that is seeking to be marked by grace we are committed to:
- Being renewed by grace every moment; becoming 'new' people, not just 'nice' people.
- Believing the Gospel can change anyone, including ourselves.
- Motivating others with grace, not guilt.
- Dealing with all problems (personal, family, church, social) with the Gospel.
- Learning how the Gospel changes us and others.
- Loving others through the Gospel, living in community that seeks to 'Gospel' one another in love.
To be on mission means to the see the calling of individual believers, local churches and the global Church to enter into the great commission of Jesus (Matthew 28:18-20). It sees every aspect of our lives and activities as being impacted by a desire to enter into God's purposes for His world.
In relation to God’s world, Liberti Church seeks to be a missional church.
As a missional Church we are committed to:
- Living on mission in Lark Lane, where God has sovereignly placed us.
- Loving the city of Liverpool.
- Learning to speak the language of our culture to make the Gospel as clear as possible.
- Listening to people and their 'stories'.
- Being a community that is counter-cultural rather than merely a Christian sub-culture.
- Working in such a way that we live out the Gospel in our work and recreation.
- Demonstrating the unity of the church in our city.
- Showing off the beauty of the Gospel by helping others in need through acts of mercy and generosity.
- Seeing every believer in Christ as a missionary.
- Understanding the flow of history is the activity of our missional God at work restoring all things to Himself by His Gospel (Luke 24).
- Structuring every ministry and encouraging every member to have a missional heart and Gospel intentionality for and towards the world for the sake of the lost (Luke 19:10).